Thursday, May 6, 2010

Art class pictures, continued

Okay, so here are some pictures I took last week at art class when they were doing sculpture...

Drake and Levi showing me their favorite wagon from the huge wagon display at the museum.
.
The art class was held at a western art museum in town, which is an awesome museum, by the way. (We toured it last week after class, and it's got all kinds of Native American stuff and early European settler stuff, and much of it is hands-on.) The class was held on Thursday mornings, and was specifically for homeschooled kids. The price was awesome, I just have to mention that, because I still can't believe how much it cost. $10 for all 5 weeks! And the instructor gave us permission to tour the museum for free while we were there! It has been really fun for Drake; he's looked forward to going every week. The instructor mentioned today that she's hoping to offer another class in the fall, so we'll definitely be watching for that!

Sculpting a bar of Ivory soap.


All the sculptors hard at work.



This class has been a great introduction to various types of art!






2 comments:

Ann said...

Yeay!! Glad to see you back. Love the pictures! I almost feel like I know your boys!

Anonymous said...

Testing to see if I remember my password... :)
Enjoyed reading your new posts. Love you all!GrS