Saturday, January 11, 2014

Adoption progress

Here are some snippets of an email we received recently from our caseworker at WACAP.  I really don't think I can paraphrase any more clearly than the way she explained it, so I'll just copy and paste her words here (words in brackets are mine): 

"We received confirmation from our representative in Guangzhou [the city in China which houses the US Consulate that handles international adoptions from their end] that your DS-260 [M's US visa application] confirmation page, copy of the NVC [National Visa Center - US] letter, agency version of the Letter Seeking Confirmation and all other required supporting documents were submitted to the U.S. Consulate today! The scheduled pick-up date of the Article 5 Letter is January 27 and I will confirm once this step has been completed.

"The Article 5 Letter is basically a written approval or verification that the receiving country (U.S.) is approving your family for adoption and that the child you adopt will be allowed to enter the U.S. and become part of your family! The CCCWA cannot issue your Travel Notice until they have received this document, both the agency and family version of the Letter Seeking Confirmation and signed Rehabilitation and Nurture Plan. From the Article 5 pickup date, families have been receiving their Travel Notice around 1-3 weeks later."

This part of the process really does seem more complicated and "fuzzy" than the rest of it has, mainly because there are quite a few small things happening at the same time, where before, it was just one BIG thing at a time.

(By the way, I'm not sure what is causing the white lines behind the text in this post!  Maybe it's because part of the text was copied and pasted?  Hmmm...)

No comments: