Monday, December 15, 2008

Illness

My babies are sick today! Drake came down with a stomach flu yesterday evening, Levi sometime in the middle of the night, and Adam is now at the base clinic with the same. In the military, you can't just "call in sick." You actually have to go in to work anyway, make an appointment at the clinic, and physically see a doctor, who puts you on "quarters," or rest at home, for as long as he/she deems necessary. So it's not enough that Adam got sick early this morning at home, and multiple times at work this morning. Nope, he can't come home and rest until he gets the okay from a doctor. Go figure! I guess we can all be sure our troops aren't playing hooky - there's no sick leave abuse in the military!

We had a busy weekend getting out the Christmas decorations and setting up the Christmas tree...and finishing shopping...and wrapping...and packing to mail...and going to a birthday party! So it was a busy weekend, for sure! I'm hoping to post pictures soon, but I'm not sure exactly when that will happen with our current circumstances. Right now, Drake is on the couch watching Madagascar, Levi is sleeping on my shoulder, and hopefully Adam will be home soon so he can rest peacefully in bed. My plans for running errands (like the Post Office!) today are temporarily on hold. Maybe tomorrow.

I just wanted to update you all. We could use your prayers for healing around here! God is good. I'm so thankful that I'm not sick (yet anyway) so I can take care of everyone else more effectively, and super-thankful that Adam was able to help me with the boys last night...it was a rough night. Thanks for your prayers! Hope you are having a good week and that none of you get this nasty flu bug that's going around our neck of the woods!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...so sorry. There is hardly anything worse than the stomach flu as far as I'm concerned. Hang in there!

Karisa said...

I agree. The stomach flu is totally "wretch"ed. ;) The whole military sick day thing is ridiculous in my opinion. Send them to the clinic (inconvenient, but reasonable), but don't send them to work to infect everyone else! Who comes UP with this stuff?! ;) We pray you all are well soon.

Ann said...

I pray for your boys, big and little. Mothers can't get sick! No time!