Sunday, December 22, 2013

Form I-797C and Christmas in the Barn

Today we received Form I-797C, Notice of Action from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.  This isn't a huge deal, as it's just to notify us that our I-800 was received, the date it was received, and where they are sending it next.  However, it's right on schedule and shows that our paperwork is progressing as it should!

On another note, we had a lovely time at "Christmas in the Barn" tonight. Christmas in the Barn is an annual happening in our church fellowship, where a ranching family from the church hosts an evening of worship in their very cool and historic stone-walled barn which was built in the late 1800s. (It's a bit drafty!)

We sat on hay bales and sang Christmas carols together, listened to a message given by our pastor, and had a delicious potluck supper (which consisted mostly of cookies and other goodies, especially on all the kids' plates)!  There was plenty of coffee, cocoa, and hot apple cider to warm us up, too.  I can't express how much I truly love the body of Christ and enjoy fellowship with these brothers and sisters. They are such a blessing!

Singing to our Savior

A Christmas message

And...a selfie with Levi...with some shadow issues.  Apparently I need practice.  ;)

Adam is better. He took this one of him and Drake. 

I love this guy!

Last one. You can see how we were against the back wall of the barn...there were hay bales stacked up like "bleachers" against the back wall, and Levi wanted to sit up high. So we joked that we were the rowdies in the back of the bus. ;)

No comments: