Thursday, December 12, 2013

Letter Seeking Confirmation & I-800

WACAP received our Letter Seeking Confirmation from the Chinese government today!  They emailed it to us, we printed it, signed it, scanned it, and emailed it back to them so it could be included in our I-800 paperwork that went out today to the Department of Homeland Security!

Check. 

So it will probably be a few weeks before anything else happens, but in the meantime we're allowed to send a care package to M in her orphanage!  We will find out more details from our caseworker tomorrow.

I love progress. :)

Here's a pic of Adam signing the LSC today...he was helping with the addition at our church building, so the kids and I brought it to him to sign after they finished their schoolwork for the day. 

Our caseworker told me on the phone today that the typical wait to travel from this point (I-800 submission) has been running about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 months!

2 comments:

JCS said...

I didn't know you were back to blogging again until just now, yay! And double yay for your Letter Seeking Confirmation! That reminds me, here's a joke for D and L:
Knock knock
Who's there?
Woo.
Woo who?
Wow, I didn't realize you were that excited about my joke!

(From Crystal)

Melonie said...

Yeah, I haven't really been advertising that I'm blogging again, just getting back into the habit of it. :) I figured I would say something about it in our Christmas letter (and I did), so more people will know about it once I get those mailed out. I should have told you guys, though!

The kids thought the joke was funny!

And thanks for commenting! I haven't had a comment in...over a year? Haha!