Saturday, September 13, 2008

Free card-making site

So how do you feel about the price of greeting cards? And what do we do with them after the big day, especially kids' birthdays? Yeah. I'd rather spend the extra money on the birthday gift, personally!

I just wanted to pass along this cool website, DLTK's Cards! At Drake's birthday party last month, he received one from a friend - that's the first time I'd heard of it. We just made our first one today for a party we're going to attend in a few minutes. It's totally free. You can choose a print-in-color option for a more professional look, or a color-it-yourself version, which we think is a lot more fun! There are a bazillion options for pictures for the front, including TV characters and a lot more...then personalize the message inside and even print out a custom envelope! It's really quick, and you're only out two pieces of computer paper and a little ink!




Here's Drake showing off the card and envelope he just made!

Anyway, I need to go and check out the rest of DLTK's Crafts for Kids website - there's a lot of other neat stuff on there, too, besides cards! But I was so pleased with the card-making section I just had to share. Highly recommended!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drake,
Nice job on coloring that dino. He looks like a meat eater. Does he like birthday cake too? :) I hope that you had fun at the party. Give your mom a big hug from me and Grandpa S, Okay? Love, Gr S.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely going to do that.