Saturday, September 6, 2008

Water park!

Last night I got a call from my friend Kristen at about 9pm. She explained to me that her family had season passes to a local water park, and with those passes they had purchased back in the spring, they had received three free guest passes. This is the last weekend the park will be open this season and we were so blessed today to join them for free! -yes, absolutely free for our entire family! - at this awesome water park. Tonight I'm long on pictures, so I'll try to be a bit shorter on words than is typical for me...

Here are my men, enjoying one of the two lazy rivers that wound its way through the park.

...and here is my little man, telling us his true feelings about water parks, or perhaps life in general.


Kristen and youngest daughter Clara - a sweet mama and a sweet child.

Toward the very beginning of our day at the water park, the dads and bigger kiddos went down a pretty fun tube ride that emptied into the before-mentioned lazy river. Here comes Adam!


And Drake! He thought this slide was totally awesome!

And this is Libby coming down the same slide. Libby is a precious little girl, and I wish you all could meet her. She just cracks me up. Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of her from today, delinquent camerawoman that I am. (And I have none of her father, Brandon, but I'm sure he doesn't mind too much!) Libby and Drake had such a blast together today, and I intended to snap a few pictures of the two of them playing together. But you know how it goes with cameras and water - I spent most of the day dripping wet and safely away from the camera!



My handsome little guy...




...and my handsome big guy!




Levi taking it all in - as you may have gathered from the previous photo of him, he was less than impressed!




This is where he wanted to be the entire time. And he got his way for most of it.

Except for when this happened.


And I definitely took advantage of that time, too, let me assure you! Kristen and I did a couple of things solo, without the kids, and then Kristen held my glasses while Brandon and I went down the, I believe, second-scariest slides in the park. (Brandon and Adam had gone down the scariest ones earlier, but I wasn't quite up for that.) But let me tell you, my tailbone is making me pay for that one!!

Ah yes, and speaking of glasses, at one point earlier in the day, I went down a smaller water slide, flat on my back, and lost my glasses when I hit the water at the bottom. Panic ensued for all, but only for a moment, because Adam put on Drake's goggles and managed to find the glasses before they were trampled or washed down the lazy river. I have never been more thankful to be in possession of my glasses! (Now I know why people wear those slightly dorky straps on their glasses while swimming...perhaps I'll be finding one of those.)

We just had such an absolutely amazing time today, and Drake is totally bummed that the park will not be open until next May. He told Kristen and Libby, "We should do this more often!" After the great time we had today, we may consider coming back at some point, when we actually have to pay for it. Yeah, it was that good!

So thank you K, B, L, & C for such a special treat!

P.S. - Thanks to my friend Dorla, I have finally learned how to make my blog pictures "clickable"! Yeah, go ahead and click on one (this post only). It opens up the picture to full size, where it can be viewed up close, or even saved in full size to make prints or whatever. (I'm thinking this second option may only be of interest to grandparents, however!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! I'm with Drake, disappointed that it's closed until May...
(Glad you found your specs, Melonie.)
Love, Dad

dvans said...

The waterpark looks awesome! What a blessing to get treated to such fun! And yea! So happy for 'clickable' pictures! You are very welcome! It is of interest to me also as I like to save my favorite ones! :)

KyrieEleison said...

Hey! Are you making fun of my slightly dorky glasses strap that I wear when I go swimming? Just kidding!

That looked like so much fun! Great pictures! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Ya, know what, Melonie? They are handsome guys!!! You are also very beautiful, inside and out. I love each one of you!

Mom, Ann, Grandma

Sab Mad said...

Waterparks are so much fun! It looks like your family had a great time together...and Levi looks so cute sleepin' with his Daddy!