Sunday, October 5, 2008

7 things...

I've been tagged by Kristen to list 7 little-known facts about myself on my blog. This is actually harder than it sounds, because so many of the important people in my life read this blog. So I won't be surprised at all if some of you know these things already. But anyway, here we go!

1. I have a major sweet tooth. Seriously. Major. Like hide the candy and pastries and bags of Oreo cookies when I come to visit - or else. I have even been known to eat brown sugar straight from the bag. And I have also eaten an entire jar of peanut butter in one sitting.

2. I am not a member of a church. The church fellowship we attend - and love - doesn't even have membership. Someday we may be in a situation where we are regularly attending a church that encourages or requires membership to be an active participant, and I am unsure of how I will handle that situation.

3. I was engaged as a high school senior, and married a year later at age 19.

4. I gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant with Levi! 150 all the way up to 210. (Incidentally, I also weighed 210 when Drake was born, but I started that pregnancy quite a bit heavier to begin with, so the weight gain wasn't as drastic.)

5. I cry at the drop of a hat. Wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

6. I live just a few minutes from the beach, but hardly ever go. Someday I will regret this.

7. I love to play Super Mario World on my almost 20-year-old Super Nintendo that I bought with my own money when I was a kid. I don't really care much about any other video games, but I could spend an entire day playing Super Mario World. Sometimes Drake and I play it together, and I am secretly happy that he is afraid of "dying" and lets me play his guy on almost all the levels!

So how did I do? Surprise anyone? Now I tag Dorla!

8 comments:

dvans said...

Ok, I promise to do this...tomorrow! I told Carl just a minute several minutes ago...I'm feelin' guilty. I enjoyed reading your fun little know facts & will read them again when I have a little more time! :)
Love ya!
Dorla

Karisa said...

Yes! I was surprised to find out that you're a "gamer"! ;) Hey, what's your middle name? (Just something I think I don't know about you...)

Melonie said...

Middle name Angela. :)

Kristen said...

LOL about the sweet tooth and the peanut-butter!!!

Anonymous said...

Not everyone eats brown sugar straight out of the bag...?! Guess we have more in common than even we knew :-)

KyrieEleison said...

I've eaten brown sugar straight from the bag too! I like it when the lumps are kind of hard. That's funny about Drake being afraid of "dying" on Mario Bros so he lets you play his guy! He could always just push "start," then "select" like we used to when we knew we weren't gonna make it (like falling off a cliff or something)! Ha ha. I like that game a lot too even though I haven't played it for at least 10 years - good memories!

dvans said...

Hey Melonie,
I have finally completed my 7 things post. Sorry about breaking that promise to do it the next day...I really meant to but everything always takes me longer now than I think it will!

Anonymous said...

You don't go to the beach? I think that should be a crime. :-)