Mom and Dad arrived on Saturday night...Sunday we went to church, then to a local aquarium after lunch (way fun!), and then in the evening, Drake went to AWANA and earned two "jewels" for his vest in one night, and Adam and friend Dave watched the Seahawks vs. Packers game. The Seahawks lost. (That's a total shocker! Right?!?)
All this week we've been doing fun stuff in the afternoons/evenings, including a trip last night out to a favorite local restaurant of ours where we always go with out-of-town guests. It even has live gators in a pond, a playground, and a little gator "museum" of sorts. After Drake got off the school bus today, we headed for the beach, and then to McDonalds for a bit of a late supper. There have also been polka-dancing nights and game-playing nights, and plenty of book-reading by Grandpa and Grandma. So a fun time is being had by all.
Anyway, without further ado, here are the beach pictures I promised in the last post. (Unfortunately, that's all I've got time for right now, although you can imagine that some of the other before-mentioned activities presented plenty of amusing/humorous/cute photo ops as well!)
The little speck dude out there is Adam, boogeyboarding. (I'm sure I totally butchered the spelling on that one, but the closest word Blogger's spellchecker suggests is "keyboarding" - which doesn't capture the essence of the activity very well.) So anyway, Adam spent a lot of time doing this, and it looked like a lot of fun! The waves and current were a bit much for the rest of us, though.
Grandma and Levi playing in the sand. Levi thought the waves were a bit scary today.
Smiley, sandy baby!
The finished masterpiece!
Flying a kite! I should have included a picture of the way it was being flown. On a fishing pole. In a pole holder. Stuck in the sand. We like to be unorthodox around here.
The Fam! Daddy, Mommy, Drake, and Levi
Grandpa and Grandma with the boys!
So anyway...we're having a fantastic time! And now you know why I've been too busy to post for awhile. More to come. (Eventually!)

4 comments:
What a blessed life you have, not just because of your family or your circumstances, but because of the way you see it all in the light of God's love and glory. You've got it right! This comment is for both your latest posts. And it was fun for me to see your parents; great photos!
Love the pics...too cute Levi (hey, I remember that shirt!)...Drakes name masterpiece (go Drake!)...I've already forgotten what was in the others but I know I liked them...short term memory loss, you know! So nice to hear that you're having such a great time with your parents! :) ~Dorla
Looks like fun! I hope Adam had fun "keyboarding" out there in the waves! Ha ha! Drake and Levi are getting so big. I'm glad you guys are having fun with Mom and Dad visiting. Well, Dad's already left by now I guess. It always seems like the time goes by too fast. Have a good weekend!
How fun! The pictures are great! I'm so glad that you are having a blast with your family!
Post a Comment