Sunday, October 26, 2008

A date at last

One thing I forgot to add on that last post...Adam and I actually went on a date a few nights ago!! It was so much fun! My mom watched the boys and put them to bed, and we went out to dinner and to a movie.

Let me back up just a little. When our favorite Alaskans lived next door (June 2007-June 2008), we got absolutely spoiled in the childcare department. I think I speak for both families when I say that. And, actually, we did a lot of babysitting for each other even before they moved in next door, because our families have been quite close for almost four years now...but that one year in particular was blissful. Not that I appreciated the arrangement as much as I should have at the time - in every conceivable respect - but we knew enough to know we "had it good" where reliable babysitting was concerned, that's for sure!

So anyway, Adam and I hadn't been out, sans kiddos, since April or May. So we went to a new steakhouse/seafood restaurant we've always wanted to try - and it was awesome - and then to see the movie Fireproof. Great movie; I'd highly recommend it. We thought it was only slightly corny in a few places, mostly just in the way it all tied together so neatly. But the message was powerful and encouraging. We are hoping to buy it on DVD when it comes out so we can see it again! I won't say anything else about it so I don't ruin it for anyone...

My mom took this picture before we left, and mainly I wanted to post it to show that Adam and I do indeed live together in the same house, and occasionally even stand next to each other! Ha ha. I was looking through our pictures of late and realized that it looks like we don't like each other all that much, because we're never together in pictures! So, look...there we are!


Now, go talk to your spouse and make plans to see Fireproof!

2 comments:

KyrieEleison said...

That's great that you guys got to go out on a date!

We have to wait until Fireproof comes out on DVD because they're not playing it in theaters around here. Jeff did get the book "The Love Dare" (it's supposedly the book that's in the movie but we haven't seen the movie so we don't really know how that all fits together) and we've been reading it together faithfully for 26 days now!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Such a good looking couple! They are MY son and daughter-in-law! I love you both!