Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Deer!

Two weekends ago, we stopped after church at the headquarters of a wildlife management area near our home. They have whitetail deer in a fenced enclosure near the building, to show people what they might find in the area. The boys were pretty excited to see them! There were a buck, a doe, and a little fawn.





Here, Levi is signing his verson of "deer" when we first got out of the van and he laid eyes on some real deer!




Now they're all doing the "deer" sign!



Here's the adorable little fawn! By Adam's estimation, it was between one and two weeks old.

We really enjoyed looking at the deer. In the end, Adam tried grunting at the buck, to see if he could get him to come a little closer, but he ran off. He was a pretty big buck for these parts, but apparently he thought Adam was intimidating, rather than possible competition! The little fawn stayed perfectly motionless the whole time, using his God-given instincts. What a treat it was to see them!

4 comments:

KyrieEleison said...

That looks like fun! I liked the fawn.

I was thinking of Levi yesterday when I was at school. There was a new little boy in one of my special ed music classes, and he's nonverbal. I asked him which puppet he would like to choose, and he immediately said "dog" in sign language, and none of the para pros knew what he was talking about (I guess they didn't know that sign), but I did because I learned it from Levi!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a pretty fun time :)

dvans said...

Precious fawn and Levi signing pics! I love the one with all of them signing too! So adorable!
Still experimenting with the pics? I see that one is 'clickable.' :)

Anonymous said...

How much fun could one family possibly have? You guys are always on an excursion or two. It looks to me like Adam may have lost some weight since I was there... Must be no one is getting those Rainbow cookies! I love you all. Miss you too!

Grandma Ann