Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Adam

Happy birthday to the love of my life! Tomorrow is my husband's 30th birthday. I just want to share with you all a few of my favorite things about Adam... He is genuine and transparent - he doesn’t try to make something look like something it’s not for the sake of his appearance or reputation. He is very honest. He is one of the hardest-working people I know. He can read me like a book. He accepts personal criticism without becoming angry or defensive, even when the criticism is ill-founded. He will apologize to Drake if he has wrongly accused or disciplined him. He is fiercely protective of the best interests of our family. He's a great listener, and has a natural ability to befriend and counsel others. And that’s just a start. (Got any more? Leave a comment!)
I love you so much, Adam. May the Lord continue to abundantly bless you and grow you into the person He desires you to be. Thank you for being stable and kind, strong and patient. You are a great husband and father, and we're so blessed to have you in our lives.
Here’s a blast from the past for you all to enjoy today. Isn’t he cute? :) (Pardon the poor quality - we don't have a scanner, so I had to take a picture of a picture and then crop it.)

Happy 30th Birthday, Adam!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Adam!
Thanks for taking such good care of our daughter!... And for being such a terrific dad!! I ditto all that Melonie has said and add that I like how you roll with the punches, but stand up for the important things, how you are fun with the kids-(all kids), how you are willing to try anything "twice", how you overlook others shortcomings, and boy are you a great "packer"!! I've never seen anyone pack up stuff so quickly, thoroughly and completely!!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL day tomorrow!
Love, Kathi

Anonymous said...

ADAM! We love you! We hope you have a super-duper wonderful and fantastic birthday tomorrow! Thanks for taking care of my sister so good. I remember when you and Melonie got married and I was so happy to be able to get you as a brother (in-law, but still).

We like how you can deal calmly with stressful situations, how you're such a good dad and uncle, how you can always find the good in people and situations no matter how bad they seem . . . and you're so funny! Also we like how you took us geo-cashing, and you're like the most observant person we know - you can spot a deer from a mile away!

Love, Jeff and Crystal

dvans said...

Awwwwww...love the photo! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Adam! This is kind of like getting the special plate. I jotted these down before reading the others so I won't copy. I like the way you stand up for what you believe - you speak out but aren't overbearing about it. I also like your manner of staying calm and quiet when emotions flare. And I admire your ability to be so encouraging to other people. It especially shows with your kids. You're kind, attentive and playful with them, very encouraging, and not overly critical. As a result I think your kids will grow to have the right mix of those traits themselves. Speaking of the kids, I also admire the way you apply discipline calmly, appropriately and consistently. And the thing I like best about you: You treat my daughter like a queen.

I could go on from here about being a good fishing partner, etc., but I don't want it to go to your head...

Dad S.