Last night for Adam's birthday, we went out to dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse, and it was delicious! (The Birthday Person gets to choose where we have supper on their birthday.) Then we came home and had cake and ice cream! Drake and I had made the cake earlier in the day - it was cherry chip, Adam's favorite! Oh yeah, and Adam actually opened his gift before we went out to dinner. Drake really wanted him to open it right away when he came home from work. I say it was Drake - and it was - but we are not known for waiting until the proper time to open gifts around here. It's a weakness Adam and I both share, and have managed to pass along to our offspring, either through DNA or by modeling the behavior. Probably both. (It's sort of like being unorganized. Adam and I were lamenting this morning how it would be easier if one of us were a naturally organized person and could prod the other one along...but no, we're in the Land of the Perpetually Unorganized together, trying to find our way out. Anyway, back to the original topic...) It was a fun evening! Adam got several phone calls from family members wishing him a happy birthday, so that was nice, too.
Adam opening his gift - an MP3 player! Yes, we have decided to enter the twenty-first century!
Drake, Levi, and me at Longhorn's. Look at Levi's little belly! (Everyone say it with me, "Not - A - Skinny - Baby!" Really, doctors - look, I have proof!) By the way, that's root beer in Drake's hand. He only drinks the hard stuff on weekends.
Drake receives praises for decorating Daddy's awesome "porcupine cake" almost all by himself. :) He also did a great job cracking the eggs and using the electric mixer!
Look at all the smoke!! (I had to include that one.)
5 comments:
Ha ha! "He only drinks the hard stuff on weekends" - that was funny! It sounds like you guys had a good time last night celebrating Adam's birthday. Great photos!
It's fun to look at all the pictures on your blog and see what you're up to and stuff!
Love, Crystal
LOVE your post and great pics...thanks for sharing them! I feel priviledged to get to be a part of your life this way! Thanks for listening to your very wise (and humble) friend who encouraged you to start this blog. You are all very blessed to have each other! P.S. ...'Not-A-Skinny-Baby!' He's a honey!
I thought the 'hard stuff on the weekends' comment was very funny too! Forgot to say that before! :0) Thanks for your recent comment on my blog too...I am enjoying this 'funny' side of you!
Well, just let me say that I feel quite proud to be the mother of this fine lad! Proud to be mother-in-law of his wonderful wife and grandmother to his children. I love you all
Love, Grandma Ann
Hey dude, happy birthday! You don't look a day over, ummmm 29.Great to see your family. It would be great to visit with you guys again. Blessings, Tom Clifton
Post a Comment