This morning he caught a really nice Redfish! It was 26.5 inches long and weighed 7.5 pounds! Each fillet (half) will make a nice meal for our family, so we should get two suppers out of it! Yum. :)
Levi is especially loving fish lately. He likes any kind of fish: pictures of fish, toy fish, real fish, and eating fish! He knows the sign for fish and uses it excitedly whenever appropriate - and even sometimes when it's not. When it comes time for a fish supper, he crams large portions into his mouth, and then when it's almost gone, he will pick every little speck of meat off his high chair tray and make sure it gets into his mouth. I will try to remember to take a picture of him eating fish the next time we have it; it's always a very joyous occasion for him. As a side note, he's not a particularly good eater normally...in fact I would say downright picky most of the time. So it's a compliment to Daddy's fishing and culinary skills to have him enjoy it so much!
Without further ado, here are a couple of pictures of this morning's Redfish.

It's a nice one!

Look how thick the body is compared to Adam's hands - that's a lot of meat!
5 comments:
Wow, that fish is huge (way to go Adam)! Cool pics...I would love to see one of Levi enjoying his fish sometime. Not really ever being a fish or seafood lover in general (although I do like some now), it's hard for me to get excited about about them but I still enjoy your pics and stories and am amazed at the size of this one! Very cool! :0)
Great catch, Adam! I remember the goose you shot out of the air and we all ate together in ND. For sure, your family is never going to starve with your great skills like hunting and fishing. I was told that Levi's grandpa was a very slow kid to start walking also, so it runs in the genes, maybe? Not to worry, he probably just likes to be held so much that he finds no need to walk yet. Drake and Levi are beautiful sons. Thanks for including me in the blog address, from Quilter lady.
Ah HA! I think I CAN leave a comment . . . I didn't figure that out until now! I've been reading your blog and I really like to hear about what's going on with y'all, and it's neat to be able to see your photos all the time. Good job!
And what a good catch, Adam! I love fish and that looks tasty. And it would be funny to see Levi enjoying a meal of fish . . . I can picture him kicking his little feet at his highchair! Keep up the good work on the blog >^..^<
Dad says, "WOW" about those Redfish!-Mom S
C and I were remembering about Levi's little feet making those wild circular motions when he was excited (when we saw him last)...Makes us wish (AGAIN) that you all were closer. Love, "Mrs. Smith" :)
Post a Comment