Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Entering the Birthday Zone


Well, we're nearing that time of year for our family where we almost get tired of cake and ice cream. It's birthday season! Starting with Adam's birthday this Thursday, we have 4 birthdays in less than two months. Adam's (July 17), Clayton's (July 29), Drake's (Aug. 17), and mine (Sep. 13). Whew! Then Levi (Feb. 17) has the rest of the year to himself. ;)

At the MPF (Military Personnel Flight), where Adam works, they have a tradition of "desk decorating" for birthdays. Adam came to work last Friday to find not only his desk, but his entire office decorated in a Bob the Builder birthday theme, heralding back to his former life as a heavy equipment operator. Yesterday, the boys and I came to visit him at work (after hours), as he had a lot of work to do and was there late. So I got some pictures of his decorated office for your viewing pleasure. (By the way, Adam will be turning 30 this year!)


Adam's office, all decked out in Bob the Builder


He even got a toy!


The Passport Man hard at work.



Well, we were sort of hoping that Drake's method of transportation would rub off on Levi - not the other way around!
One more picture before I head off to conquer some more laundry... This morning, Drake was dragging the comforter from his bed around and making a "club" (think he meant "clubhouse") all over the downstairs. Levi thought it was so funny, and was following him wherever he went, to try to get under the comforter too. For as much time as they spend grumpy and whining, it was really nice to hear them laughing and content together. They had a "club" under the table, next to/under the rocking chair, in the hallway, and on the couch. Here's a peek:

I see you in there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, ha ha! That is funny about Bob the Builder and Adam's office! We never forget Adam's birthday because it's the same day as our anniversary. :-)

I liked the "club" - that was so funny! I bet Drake and Levi are just always doing such fun and funny things and keeping your lives interesting. Can't wait to see you guys!

Love, Crystal >^..^<

dvans said...

Happy 30th Birthday Adam! Enjoyed all the cute pics too! :0)

Sab Mad said...

Melonie!

How are you?! Of course I remember you! It took me a second, but how could I forget your sweet smile? Drake is HUGE, but I guess that's what happens when 4 years pass. I remember when his hair use to stick straight up...he was/is such a cutie! And Levi looks just as adorable!

How in the world did you find me?! I am glad you did and I am thrilled to know that we can keep in touch through our blogs! Thanks for stopping by and I will definitely be coming back!