Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav update

As you may be well aware from the news, Gustav is a category 3 right now, not a category 4 as predicted (this is good!), and has sped up across the Gulf, looking like it will make landfall around midnight tonight in Louisiana, west of New Orleans. So we're definitely not evacuating over here. But we're expecting a good storm tonight and tomorrow, and we're on the lookout for tornadoes as well. I went to work tonight, as usual, and it just now started to sprinkle again outside as I was driving home. The wind is picking up also.

We've seen some footage of the early stages of the hurricane near New Orleans, and it's not looking pretty, so we're keeping those folks in our prayers tonight. They're already having over 60mph winds, and it will continue to get much stronger through the night.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day tomorrow, and that those of you with better weather can get out and enjoy it!

2 comments:

dvans said...

Hi Melonie!
Glad to hear that you're all well and not having to evacuate. I've been so busy here this past week that I haven't had time to post to my blog but hopefully will be able to take extra time this week. The boys start school tomorrow and I'm trying to prepare for morning (feeling a little overwhelmed)... not quite there yet. Thanks for replying to my email and leaving comments on Ben and Chance's blogs (they thought that was pretty cool.) I will have to take a look at Skyler's settings. Would love to talk to you soon! :)

Kristen said...

God truly heard and answered prayers! Even Libby declared as we were eating lunch Sunday, "God can make that storm go away! Let's just ask Him right now." Oh, the precious faith of a child. It's easy to see why we are supposed to have faith like a child...just ever so hard to do it sometimes!